Friday 25 June 2021

Nightjar








The white in the tail and wings shows this to be a male as was the other bird we saw





Me and the Nightjar



 Jr and I went back to see the Nightjar again last night. We got there early at 22:30 and there was already action by 22:45. A cloudy sky probably caused the early action but also meant the light was not as good as it could have been for photography and filming. That said though Jr got some very good footage on her mobile phone and I could have got much better footage were I a better prepared photographer. I also appear to have accidentally deleted a lot of shots which I can’t quite understand. All editing and blogging is also being done from my phone so please bare with me.


We had an amazing experience with the birds - first a single male and then another male turned up as we left and Jr seems to be getting into it and wanted to stay despite the mozzies. Mammal wise we scored 2 moose, 1 hare and a few roe deer.





No comments:

Post a Comment