Sunday 23 August 2020

Simon's dragonfly blog

 Birding really is a side activity most of the time at the moment and even when I do get out there is more interest on the dragonfly than bird front. Yesterday I sneaked out to Fornebu after some rain and strong southerly winds and hoped to find something interesting on the fjord. Lots of wind surfers and kiters were possibly interesting if that is your thing but there was nothing interesting with wings. There was a large concentration of large gulls feeding over what I believe is an outfall for storm drains and I went through them hoping for a Caspian but there was nothing that raised the pulse.

Dragonflies saved the day though. After the sun came out I visited one of the small pools and managed some flight photos of Migrant Hawker that I am pleased with. For once I was able to lock on with autofocus rather than using manual focus and this shows.

Herring and Lesser Black-backed Gulls finding something to eat in the Oslofjord. It may have been fish but I think may have been rubbish from the pipes that have suddenly appeared

Migrant Hawker (septemberlibelle) Aeshna mixta







No comments:

Post a Comment