Saturday 8 August 2020

More from the Cabin

I’ve had a chance to got through some more pictures from the summer.

One morning I visited a bog where I have seen that Arctic Skuas breed and I hoped to ascertain whether they had young. I never actually saw any young but the fact that one adult did a distraction display whilst the other dive bombed me (causing me to fall to the ground) was a good enough confirmation 😉

 

most of the Arctic Skuas (tyvjo) I see around Bodø are dark morphs like this one



this one was heading for my head

whilst this one was playing injured

Here are also a couple of pictures and a video of the Surf Scoter from my final visit.


the male Surf Scoter (brilleand) showed really well in the scope but good pictures were not possible



a juvenile Wheatear (steinskvett)

No comments:

Post a Comment