Wednesday 20 November 2019

Award winning!


In my last post I showed some of what I thought were my best pics of Piney but commented that I don’t know what it is that makes a particular picture popular. Well I seem to have cracked the code as the first picture in the post (and the one I was most satisfied with) has been chosen as Birdguides Photo of the Week!



We’ve had some pretty horrible weather recently which explains my lack of anything interesting to blog about but those Grosbeaks are still gorging on rowan berries and today we finally  had some really nice weather in the morning which despite the presence of the Beast allowed a new set of photos. I had a minimum of 50 birds so there are clearly still good numbers in the Oslo area but I do have a horrible feeling that they have become a seasonal food source for the local Sparrowhawks which could see their numbers go down.





playing with back-lighting

back lit and some hard work in PSE




1 comment: