Friday 27 December 2013

Au revoir

 A family trip to the Botanical Gardens gave me a fleeting chance to enjoy the two remaining Two-bars and say au revoir to them in 2013 although I hope to make their aquaintence again in 2014

The birds were not in their usual berry tree but had chosen another and were feeding with Fieldfares. It took me a long time to find them even though I could hear them calling but this was because they were only 3 or 4 metres away and I was looking further up in the tree! The light was appaling but I turned the flash on and got some better shots. Unfortunately I only had a couple of minutes to use with the birds but it would have been fun experimenting with the flash and also get the birds in something like a nice position.
male with natural light and exposure

the male without flash but exposure fored up to lighten the picture

with flash

female with flash

male with flash - unfortunately the berry is most in focus

No comments:

Post a Comment