Saturday 30 September 2023

Back in Oslo

Returning to Oslo after being on Værøy is invariably going to be a big let down and so it has also been in 2023. Whilst I was away there had been some decent seabirds seen in the Oslofjord but the winds had died down by the time I got back and the seabirds had returned to the open sea so I have had to make do with a few auks and a surprisingly high number of terns. I squeezed in a final trip to the Taiga Bean Geese who had increased by three birds to 104 and continuing into Aurskog Høland I had a late Yellow Wagtail but little else of note.

Guillemot (lomvi) on the fjord off Fornebu

a surprisingly large number have also ended up inland. This one was on Bogstadvannet and I have also had 7 on Maridalsvannet and a couple of birds randomly flying over the city

a young Common Tern (makrellterne)

and a far more distant young Arctic Tern (rødnebbterne)


a late Yellow Wagtail (gulerle)

and a more expected Wheatear (steinskvett)

The Taiga Bean Geese with a few Canada Geese



my first Great Grey Shrike (varsler) of the autumn, a bird of the year

Kingfisher (isfugl) at Fornebu



No comments:

Post a Comment