Monday 9 December 2019

Still alive

In case you are wondering there are still Pine Grosbeaks in Oslo but I am trying to exercise self discipline and not show more pictures of them especially when I am not getting new images that are better than my previous attempts.

Since I last posted it has remained very icy underfoot and we now have a layer of new snow that deceptively covers up the dangers underneath. I have avoided falling on the ice but my very cautious walking style has, I think, resulted in a return of a slipped disk in my back which has previously bothered over the last few years me but which I had hoped was a thing of the past.

Today the Natural Born Birder was in town and since he was the only birder in the whole of Norway not to have seen Grosbeaks this year I had to help him out. We of course succeeded and there was even time for a selfie.

Central Oslo was covered in fog last Friday

male Pine Grosbeak (konglebit)

female or young

The Natural Bord Birder getting his obligatory Piney selfie 
Little Grebe (dvergykker) still going strong in Oslo harbour






No comments:

Post a Comment