Sunday 20 April 2014

Maridalen tick.....Gadwall



Getting home (fortuitously) at 1930 gave me a chance to rush up to Maridalen. The lake was completely flat and with a number of geese and gulls on it. I made my way through them and finally found the male Gadwall (snadderand) – a Maridalen tick and not just for me but as far as I can see the first record ever. Not a particularly exciting bird my attention soon went to finding what else was on the lake. I had in total 113 Pink-footed Geese (kortnebbgås) of which 106 flew off north at 2030 as the sun was setting leaving the single bird on the fields. Also 34 Greylag Geese (grågås), 2 Whooper Swans (sangsvane), 200 Common Gulls (fiskemåke), 10 Black-headed Gulls (hettemåke), 5 Teal (krikkand) and 3 Black-throated Divers (storlom) but sadly not the pair of Slavonian Grebes (horndykker) that had also been seen earlier in the day.

male Gadwall

with Pink-footed Geese

No comments:

Post a Comment