Monday 7 April 2014

Back on the patch

Back in a chilly and damp Oslo and I realise that I actually rather like bananas!

I had hoped to have a lot of exciting species up in Maridalen this morning but was to be disappointed. No large concentrations of birds and no new species for the year, not even the Black-throated Divers that had been seen (exceptionally early) on Saturday. There was a lot of noise though from the many thrushes, chaffinches and Robins that are now singing from the forest edges.

Best bird was this female Lesser Spotted Woodpecker (dvergspett) which I first heard calling (and later drumming) where the Wrynecks (vendehals) breed and I thought I might have a record early Wryneck on my hands. That was not to be but Lesser Spots are also quite nice.









No comments:

Post a Comment