Saturday 14 March 2020

An acceptable GG flight shot?

The Taiga Trio gave me an unprecedented level of winter guiding but when the 3 species inevitably became harder to find as the spring wore on then fewer people were willing to take the risk of flying over for them and then when the GG stopped playing ball the business dried up completely. Now the GG is definitely playing ball again and has been very straightforward to find and enjoy for hours on end the last three days but Corona virus restrictions mean no one can come come over anymore... Everyone arriving in Norway has to go into 14 days self isolation and schools and ski resorts have closed down across the country. If this madness continues into the spring and summer then there will be no one holidaying in Norway and the whole Norwegian trourist business will suffer bloodily.

I at least have the opportunity to indulge myself with high quality GG and have been able to follow it hunting and get some of those flight shots I have been talking about. When I look at the shots on the PC they are still not what I had thought I would get despite me having got a better hang of the camera settings I should use but I am getting there.










my usual standard 😉







when it is windy then you really see how thick the feathering is
the wind also caused the bird to struggle with its balance 




here it had just swallowed a vole



No comments:

Post a Comment