Monday 27 May 2019

Celebrations and Guiding

The last few days have been very busy. On Saturday we celebrated Oslo Birder Jr’s “confirmation”, a traditional non-religious coming of age celebration I Norway and on Sunday afternoon after having finished cleaning up after the previous days festivities I guided Martin from Norwich who was on his way to Svalbard and today I guided Ramona and Cilli from Germany who are enjoying a Norwegian holiday.

Yesterday, the goals were Hazel Grouse and Slavonian Grebe and we succeeded big time. Today’s guiding was equally successful and we succeeded with Greenish Warbler, Slavonian Grebe and Three-toed Woodpecker which had alluded me yesterday. On top of this there were of course lots of commoner species including Crane, Black Woodpecker, flycatchers and various warblers. I don’t have the energy to write any more (a cold and pollen allergy are laying me very low) but will let the pictures do the talking.

I stuggled yet again with getting a good photo of the Hazel Grouse (jerpe) although Martin got some better pics

this could have been good if I focused on the bird instead of the tree

Slavonian Grebe (horndykker)








the Greenish Warbler (østsanger) was singly strongly but would not come close. This is the only bird recoreded in Norway so far this spring as far as I know and was a great find by Ole Vignes




Three-toed Woodpecker showed briefly today

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great day out, Simon.
    And I hear you re pollen allergy - it's the worst!

    ReplyDelete