Tuesday 29 August 2017

Squeezing in Fornebu

I wasn’t expecting to have time for birding but when the forecast rain was combined with much fresher than forecasted southerly winds I thought I would squeeze in some time at Fornebu. There was so much wind (at least double the 5m/s that the forecast was telling me) that windsurfers were also checking out the conditions but there were no seabirds to be seen in a short watch. At Storøykilen though there was some excitement with a Spotted Redshank (only my second record at Fornebu) and a Red-backed Shrike. Otherwise though there were very few birds with (amazingly for the time of year)  only three of Willow Warblers but I did manage to find a Bluethroat.

Bluethroat (blåstrupe). A 1st year male by my reckoning

juv Red-backed Shrike (tornskate) being mobbed by one of only three Willow Warblers I saw 
Spotted Redshank (sotsnipe) - a scarce bird in these parts
I did of course find time to drive through Maridalen where this Buzzard perched nicely by the road but the light was terrible and of course the bird flew before I could change the camera settings

No comments:

Post a Comment