Wednesday 20 March 2013

Twite at last


I finally located the Twite (bergirisk) at Fornebu today although I managed no good pictures as I had hoped. They suddenly arrived in flight whilst I was there, landed and ate for a couple of minutes and then were gone again leaving me with a few distant flight shots and one shot of a perched bird where it is looking away from me.
Twite
part of the flock - I counted 33 in total

At Furst Brygge there are now 27 Oystercatcher (tjeld) and on a small patch of snow free grass by offices on Fornebu 12 Greylag Geese (grågås) were trying to find some sustenance.

Earlier I had visited Kadettangen in Sandvika again hoping to have another encounter with the Smew but she was not there today. I had to amuse myself with some pictures of feeding Mallards and Mute Swans.
The Mallards were very hungry and old crusts were fought over

The Mute Swans were equally hungry but were a little more restained (classy). Note the orange bill of an adult bill and the paler, pinker bills of younger birds (3 cy)

close of the Pink-footed Goose (kortnebbgås)

No comments:

Post a Comment