Monday 27 August 2012

Equipment


When a man passes 40 (a fate that has recently befallen me) he starts looking at his equipment and begins to worry that it is not as large or impressive as it could be and isn’t capable of doing all the things he would like to with the birds. This requires immediate remedy and luckily enough I didn’t need to answer any of the spam emails I regularly receive in order to nearly double the size of my equipment. Mrs. Oslo Birder knew exactly how to bring me up to size and all it took was 15 minutes and a few thousand kroner and I am no longer a paltry 70-300mm boy but have become a 150-500mm man.

Even though I was quite pleased with many of the pictures I managed to take with my basic 70-300mm F4-5.6 Sigma lens my new 150-500mm F5-6.3 Sigma lens promises to greatly improve the quality of the shots I take. The new lens is still (relatively) cheap and cheerful but one great difference to the old one is that it focuses silently and quickly – so much so that I didn’t think it was working! Hopefully my improved size will result in better pictures on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment