Thursday 15 April 2010

Little to write home about

All flights in Norway were cancelled today due to the Icelandic ash cloud but it wasn't visible to me in Oslo and seemed to have little effect on the birds - there is still little to see.
The last 2 days has only seen some half hearted birding from me with today given over to being a handyman - I plastered our veranda wall, which was a new skill for me and not one I can say I have mastered.
Yesterday I got on my bike for the first time this year (still feeling the pain when I sit down today) and rode around Maridalen. Really very little to note, a small migrating flock of Greylag Geese and a male Goshawk hunting Wood Pigeons being the highlights.
Today I had a couple of flocks of Pink footed Geese migrating over the house which may have been a sign of a larger movement but I haven't seen any other reports to suggest this.

No comments:

Post a Comment