Monday 28 May 2018

River Warbler


Being the sensible boy that I am I went to bird early last night and awoke this morning to see that a far less sensible Per Christian had found a singing River Warbler last night in, of course, Maridalen.

I visited just before 9am and first heard a singing Marsh Warbler and then the River Warbler and I was lucky enough to see him J This is now the third record in Maridalen and with this warm weather set to continue could just be the start of a run of good birds. The rest of Maridalen was also on form with finally a male Red-backed Shrike who was acting as though a female may be on the nest, Common Rosefinch and a second Marsh Warbler.

Butterflies and dragonflies are also appearing in good numbers and are putting my ID skills to the test.


don't think I've ever seen a River Warbler (elvesanger) this well before





an old male Common Rosefinch (rosenfink) 
male Red-backed Shrike (tornskate) only my third sighting this year




I have identified this as a male Norfolk Damselfly (armert blåvannmfye) which would appear to be very good Oslo record

Four Spotted Chaser (firflekkbredlibelle)

a male Northern White-faced Darter (østklig torvlibelle)

same individual

Small Pearl Bordered Fritillary (brunflekker perlemorvinge)


No comments:

Post a Comment