Wednesday 8 May 2013

Getting hot


singing Barn Swallow (låvesvale)

Just time for a tour of Maridalen today. The ice has finally melted completely and bang on cue a flock of 37 Tufted Duck (toppand) were resting in the middle of the lake. It was already getting hot in the afternoon and at the time of writing temperatures have passed 20 C so no doubt that spring has arrived. The birds also agree with Swallows (låvesvale) now visiting nesting sites and finally the first Whinchats (buskskvett) back. I had two males and both were perched up exactly where I see my first ones each year. Yesterdays male Pied Flycatcher (svarthvit fluesnapper) now had company of a male and they were hanging about by a nest box.

my first Whinchat (buskskvett) of the year
In the garden I saw my first Orange Tip (aurorasommerfugl) butterfly of the year.
Barn Swallow (låvesvale)
on a bombing raid

Pied Fly

No comments:

Post a Comment