Sunday 15 May 2016

Sunday afternoon stroll

A Sunday’s birding is not necessarily over with just a pre-breakfast outing especially if the kids fancy a trip to Fornebu. Despite it being mid-afternoon, sunny and a fresh northerly wind there were clearly some migrants around with Yellow Wags flying over and a couple of female Bluethroats found without really trying – probably worth a proper early morning effort here.
I had one of the Bluethroats at quite close range feeding under some bushes but good photos were a challenge.


female Bluethroat (blåstrupe) - I took her mostly from behind


she did teese me with a flash of her breast but I didn't get a full frontal

and did't get the focus right when I had the chance


This female Mallard with very young duckling was easier to photograph

female Mallard (stokkand) and ducklings



No comments:

Post a Comment