Friday 6 May 2016

Some noise but far from noisy

This morning was a little noisier than yesterday but still disappointing. I started with a drive into town to listen for Black Redstarts but heard none (but could not be accused of having search thoroughly).
In Maridalen a few more migrants have arrived. Blackcaps and Willow Warblers are more numerous, a Wood Sandpiper and Greenshank were on the lake alongside Common and Green Sandpipers, a couple of Yellow Wagtails flew over (but no Citrine) and I had my first Pied Flycatcher and Wood Warbler of the year.
my first Pied Flyatcher (svarthvit fluesnapper) of the year - a 2cy male by the look of things
one of two Whinchats (buskskvett)
only two Wheatears (steinskvett) today - a species which I would have expected to see in greater numbers by now
Wood Sandpiper (grønnstilk)

Beaver and Goldeneye

female White Wagtail (linerle)
same bird with different exposure
her mate




No comments:

Post a Comment