Wednesday 4 June 2014

More Hedmark photos




I have a day at home to catch up on things before heading up again tonight for another TOVE route.

In between the survey work I also guided in Maridalen last Thursday which was booked as surprise birthday present by the girlfriend of a French reader (living in Oslo) of this blog – very enjoyable :-)
 
I’ve had a bit of a chance to take a longer look at some of the pictures I’ve taken over the last week so can present a few here.

Two young Ural Owls (slagugle)

The Great Grey


Three young Great Grey Owls - one is just visible to the right still in the nest. A week after I took this picture I revisited the site and found no trace of the owls within 50m of the nest

Great Grey @ dusk
Ortolan Bunting





Ural Owl (slagugle)

young Ural Owl

Capercaille (storfugl) nest - the eggs shown in inset are at the base of the xmas tree in the middle of the picture
Slavonian Grebe (horndykker) on nest

Golden Eagle (kongørn) - an adult I presume

an immature Golden Eagle
the same immature

I wasn't quite sure what I would find when I saw this tail sticking out of a nest box

it turned out to be a female Kestrel (tårnfalk) and I could hear young inside. Around Trysil in Hedmark 100's if not 1000'2 of owl and Kestrel nest boxes have been put up and I frequently saw them as I drove along small forest roads

male Honey Buzzard (vepsevåk)

a different male

female

No comments:

Post a Comment