Monday 5 November 2012

Wrong owl


Back in Oslo I made another attempt to find photogenic Hawk Owls (haukugle) and Pine Grosbeaks (konglebit), this time heading to Hurdal in the north of Akershus county. Unfortunately there was often fog which hampered my efforts. I did take a photo of an owl but finches of any description were entirely absent. The owl was also not of the desired variety although a Pygmy Owl (spurveugle) is always nice.
I also visited the berry bushes I know of in Oslo and Maridalen without any luck and not even Waxwings this time. Grosbeaks and Hawk Owls are still turning up around Oslo though so hopefully it is just a matter of time before some linger.
On Maridalsvannet the Whooper Swan (sangsvane) family was still present – it looks like they will hang around as long as the lake remains ice free.
Pygmy Owl (spurveugle)

The look of a Pygmy Owl changes greatly depending on how it holds itself- posture posture!

No comments:

Post a Comment