Sunday 7 October 2012

Excitement

I heard what must have been a Yellow-browed Warbler (gulbrynsanger) in the garden today. It called twice but I never saw it. Given the absolute rarity of the species in these parts I will not claim it as anything more than a probable but the only confusion species I can think of would be a Coal Tit (svartmeis) on drugs.

Large owls are turning up again. News has come out of a Great Grey Owl (lappugle) that has been present close to Oslo since at least April. Despite much misinformation being spread it seems the bird is still present and I will go for a look later in the week. Far more exciting though and the subject of my attention tomorrow is a report of Ural Owl (slagugle) in apparantly the same place as another Great Grey Owl was photographed only a few days ago. It will be amazing if both species are present in the same place.

No comments:

Post a Comment