Monday 23 November 2020

Tits and the like

I needed a change this morning and walked at Fornebu before then taking in the sights in Maridalen.

The Bearded Tit pair showed exceptionally well in their normal spot and are clearly looking for more of their kin although I suspect it is now too late for any more to turn up. Otherwise there was disappointingly little to see although a Little Grebe was new for me.

In The Dale I had no Buzzards but suddenly Great Grey Shrikes were back with two sightings 1.7 km and only 25 minutes apart. One of the Hawkies showed very well selling his wares by the side of the roads but an hour and half wait did not reveal the Grey-headed Woodpecker. Close sightings of Jays were a distraction but I kicked myself for not digitally capturing the young male Goshawk who just failed to catch one of the Jays that I was watching only 6 meters from me (in the car).

Bearded Tit (skjeggmeis) pair








both a mustache and a beard, or is it two mustaches?


Hawkie

Jay (nøtteskrike)


Nuthatch (spettmeis)



and a Treecreeper( trekryper)


No comments:

Post a Comment