Sunday 1 November 2020

More Beardies

Since my last post there has not been a lot of birding and most of it has been of the incidental variety, but I do have a few things to report.

A trip to Fornebu on Thursday revealed 4 Siberian (tristis) Chiffchaffs to still be present and a trip on Saturday gave very good views of a pair of Bearded Tits. They have not been observed since I saw them previously over a week ago and I think these birds could very well be new arrivals with the previous birds have moved on.

I also sneaked in one late evening owling trip which revealed that Tengmalm’s Owls are still present (I am really looking forward to the prospect of numerous singing owls close to Oslo in only 4-5 months time).

The numbers of auks on the fjord has fallen dramatically and although I have seen a couple of dead birds I hope that the majority have made there way out again. There are still 5 birds on Maridalsvannet which will probably be able to find food.

a pair of Bearded Tits (skjeggmeis) at Fornebu


it's a pity that photoshop doesnt have a magic "remove fence" button



Siberian (tristis) Chiffchaff showing the yellow under the wing which is the yellowest part of its plumage


the above three pictures are all of the same tristis

whereas this is of another bird

Sparrowhawk (spurvehauk)

a Guillemot (lomvi) and a Great Crested Grebe (toppdykker) at Fornebu. Time of year and location may have you expecting a rarer grebe
a flock of Long-tailed Tits (stjertmeis) turned up by the Beardies and this one also has a beard..


No comments:

Post a Comment