Monday 10 December 2012

Peaceful day


Today, Oslo was focused on the Nobel Peace Prize ceremony and all was quiet and peaceful on the bird front. It was a barmy -5C but the continued freezing temperatures have meant that Maridalsvannet has given up the fight and is now completely frozen. In Maridalen I only found a single Pine Grosbeak today which for once was very vocal but didn’t locate the big flock. I also went looking for the Hawk Owl we found on Friday hoping to be able to watch and photograph it hunting but failed to relocate it. I did have a Great Grey Shrike for my efforts which I saw hovering repeatedly in the search of prey (presumably rodents) but it was too distant for any photos. I cannot remember seeing a shrike hovering so persistently before.

No comments:

Post a Comment