BIRD GUIDING AROUND OSLO

Monday, 10 December 2012

Peaceful day


Today, Oslo was focused on the Nobel Peace Prize ceremony and all was quiet and peaceful on the bird front. It was a barmy -5C but the continued freezing temperatures have meant that Maridalsvannet has given up the fight and is now completely frozen. In Maridalen I only found a single Pine Grosbeak today which for once was very vocal but didn’t locate the big flock. I also went looking for the Hawk Owl we found on Friday hoping to be able to watch and photograph it hunting but failed to relocate it. I did have a Great Grey Shrike for my efforts which I saw hovering repeatedly in the search of prey (presumably rodents) but it was too distant for any photos. I cannot remember seeing a shrike hovering so persistently before.

No comments:

Post a Comment