Monday 24 September 2018

Værøy Prelude

Every year on the way to Værøy I have a long enough layover at Bodø airport to have a walk around the nearby graveyard. My hope has always been to find a Yellow-browed Warbler here and although I have found other good birds such as Hawk Owl and Arctic Redpoll I have never succeeded -until today that is. It was really quite windy and I wasn't expecting to find much but as I walked through some scrub I put up a couple of Meadow Pipits and Dunnocks.

I stopped to get my bins out of my backpack and whilst doing so heard a Chiffchaff and then a Yellow-browed - bingo!

It was cooperative enough that it even allowed me to get my camera out and take some photos (which can be seen here as I am unable to upload photos whilst blogging on my phone).


This surely bodes well for Værøy where the weather forecast is improving with less wind and rain now expected.

EDIT:
an hour on Værøy before it got dark gave a couple of Yellow-broweds, Snow Bunting, and Ring Ouzel. I now have internet so here is the Y-b from Bodø.






No comments:

Post a Comment