Friday 23 December 2011

some small compensation

Well the day may not have given me Norway's largest owl but it did produce the smallest and a long awaited year tick.
Whilst out delivering xmas cards I got lost and lo and behold found myself driving around Maridalen. Well every cloud has a silver lining and for me it came in the form of a Pygmy Owl sitting on top of a spruce right by the road. As I wasn't supposed to be birding I didn't have the camera with me but managed to take these pictures with the iphone to record my 244th species of the year.
The dot in the middle is a Pygmy Owl honestly

Iphone at full zoom

Very few birds at the feeders probably because the warm(ish) weather is allowing them to find food in the forests but a smattering of tits, Bullfinch, Treecreeper, Nuthatch, Jay and GS Woodpecker.

No comments:

Post a Comment