Sunday 14 July 2024

An unhealthy relationship

I have known Gressholmen for over 20 years and have a strained relationship with her. From my side it is characterised by naïve optimism that keeps me hoping that we have a future together but also a vulnerability that makes me promising to avoid her after yet another of her frequent rejections. I do not have the strength to leave her though and find myself returning again and again to only leave hurt and humiliated.

We have had some good times together and it is the memories of these that keeps me going back for more. Wednesday's successful visit fueled up the naïve optimism tanks and I was up again at 06:30 this morning buoyed by a forecast of rain and north easterly winds. It was definitely raining and I was wet enough but what was my payback? A single Greenshank….. Will I leave her? Hell, no!! There is rain forecast again on Wednesday and I have #Oslo2024 to consider 😌

the ferry arriving just before 07:30 and my naive optimism is at maximum

arriving at the tidal bay to find just a single Greenshank - feelings of vulnerabilty and rejection max out

 

No comments:

Post a Comment