Wednesday 30 October 2019

Highlight #1 - Hazel Grouse


I’ll start with a post on the Hazel Hen so as to avoid an overload of Grosbeak pictures (plus the fact I have over 1000 pictures still to go through). I still had over 700 pictures to go through of the grouse so it has taken a while but I am pretty happy with the best ones although some of the images that I had remembered taking and hoped would turned out really well ended up being out of focus.

The video which was handheld at 600mm has turned out surprisingly well and shows the bird singing. Its posture reminds me of a leking Great Snipe.

I've chosen to post quite a few pictures but I hope you will indulge me.

Can you see me?

male Hazel Grouse (jerpe)









singing



look at those feet and legs

feeding 


picking off grass seeds






No comments:

Post a Comment