Monday 31 December 2018

Last birding of 2018

After posting about the highlights of 2018 I did find time for a final quick birding session. Attempts to get better pictures of the Water Rail were very frustrating as there was always something between me and the bird but it was also very special as the bird came unusually close to me. The Glaucous Gull was a relatively enjoyable experience as the area was deserted.

2nd winter Glaucous Gull (polarmåke) with Herring Gulls


here giving some abuse
and here receiving some





I know where it is..

Water Rail (vannrikse)




when it once was completely in the open It was always facing away from me..


winter in Maridalen


although having only been frozen for 5 days there was apparently 12cm of ice on the lake

the beast likes Maridalen too 

No comments:

Post a Comment