Thursday 24 February 2022

Even better Jack Snipe?

 This week is the winter half term and birding has taken a back seat with illness in the house also curtailing general activity. I managed to visit my smelly stream on 22022022 after a cold night and as hoped the Jack Snipe was easy to find. I set up the camera on the tripod and moved out of sight of Jacky boy and with a fully charged battery on my phone was able to follow, and film, him remotely. He was particularly active and didn’t wait long to feed actively. The footage I got is even better than that from last week.

I present a 6 minute long video and a shorter 1 minute highlight version. Enjoy 😊 



Jack Snipe (kvartbekkasin) - a picture that is very similar to many others I have posted the last month and a half :-)

a slightly different pose - here it has frozen whilst walking along and is not as well camouflaged. 

note also the twig sticking under a feather

in the right light the colours on the back are fantastic


do you see him?


No comments:

Post a Comment