Wednesday 24 May 2017

Very good guiding

What a day’s guiding I had yesterday! I’m sure I’ve said it before but the Oslo area doesn’t fail to deliver the goods at the end of May and beginning of June.

Today I was able to show Alex from Kent the likes of Common Rosefinch, Wryneck, Red-backed Shrike, Thrush Nightingale, Red-breasted Flycatcher, Icterine Warbler, Black Woodpecker, Tawny Owl, Goshawk, Long-tailed Tit, Scaup and Brent Goose to name but a few. It was a hot sunny day but bird activity remained high even in the early afternoon and a combination of Maridalen, Sørkedalen and Fornebu gave a great variety and quality of birds.


I also was a bit more active on the photo front myself than I normally am and with good light there are some better than average photos to show although I’ve only got time to publish a couple now and will hopefully find time to put more out later.

male Red-backed Shrike (tornskate) with bumblebee

Icterine Warbler (gulsanger)
Two large, noisy and curios young Black Woodpeckers (svartspett)
 
Thrush Nightingale (nattergal)

1 comment:

  1. Bravo! These clicks are really awesome. you just capture some very amazing nature shots. I liked it. you have really a good sense of photo shoot. Look at the two little birds hiding looking from inside the tree hole.

    ReplyDelete