Wednesday 7 August 2024

Islands - what are they good for?

Islands are a mystery to me. You think you have a good thing going on and you try to treat them well but they just blank you.

There had been a bit of rain last night and a lot is forecast tonight and low tide was at 2pm so I thought why not. I gave Fru Galteskjær the focus of my attention and did not get off the ferry when it stopped at my ex, Fru Gressholmen - true devotion! Instead I stayed on the top deck and studied Galty as we sailed past. What fancies was she revealing today? Two Common Sandpipers…..

I tried to keep faithful though and disembarked at Lindøya which gave me Rb Shrike, Whinchat, Wheatear and Yellow Wag but not Bluethroat which I thought might be around now.

Now I had the option to go home or to sail past Fru. Galt one more time and also get off at Fru. Gressholmen to see if she had a sudden change on feelings. Well Fru. Gress only held 2 Greenshank and Fru. Galt only a single Common Sand this time so I am being rejected by both of them!

 

Islands - you can’t live with them, you can’t live without them!


Fru Galteskjær - I realised this little giver of joy probably hasn't been pictured before - I'm sure you can see why I like her!


 
no picture of waders but Whinchats (buskskett) are also nice


a couple of singing Stock Doves (skogdue) were a surprise as they are early breeders



Wall Brown (sørringvinge) may well be the last addition to my butterfly list this year unless there is an arrival of Painted Ladies

No comments:

Post a Comment