Tuesday 28 November 2023

Beardies

On Sunday an Eastern Yellow Wagtail was found at Nordre Øyeren which is a first record for the Oslo area. I of course waited until Monday to go look for it and of course did not see it but that is the sign of a very good bad twitcher, of which I am one. I do however have a picture showing the piles of rotting corn where it was successfully twitched by the good good twitchers the day before…


Today I dropped into Fornebu and enjoyed a flock of 10 Bearded Tits feeding in the reeds at close range and that is pretty much all I have to report since my last post except that it had got bitingly cold now and I really should start wearing gloves and a hat (I have stopped wearing shorts at least).

8 of the 10 Bearded Tits (skjeggmeis)







the Maridalen Great Grey Shrike (varsler)

and a post at the moment wouldn't be complete without at least one pic of a Pygmy Owl (spurveugle)

female Teal (krikkand). There is always a bird or two wintering a Fornebu and always females. The same birds year after year?

a trip out on Sunday night to look for the Northern Lights revealed only a very bright and very nearly full moon

No comments:

Post a Comment