Wednesday 1 February 2023

Pygmy Owl

Finally I have something new to write about 😊

Pygmy Owls have been hard to find of late with I think a real lack of rodents causing them to be quite mobile in their search for food rather than hanging out in the same small area as they sometimes do. I have also not heard any which I take to be another sign that food is scarce and their energy is focused on finding food rather than advertising a territory. So, I was very happy to find one yesterday and it became quite magical as I sat in my car watching it at close range and it started snowing which settled on the owls face!



Pygmy Owl (spurveugle) in the snow




it entered 2 boxes. I do not know if it had food stashed in either of them or was just checking out whether it (or another bird) had used it as a larder




I paid another visit to Fornebu's Bearded Tits (skjeggmeis) which show at ridiculously close range




No comments:

Post a Comment