Sunday 2 October 2022

Røst day 4

Day 3 can only be described as bad. It had clouded over during the night but the cloud was high up and there was no rain. No new birds seemed to have arrived and others had definitely moved on so. A skulky Dunnock was the only excitement I had and I spent much of my time reading the messages that kept coming in of amazing birds on Utsira (where quite a few Oslo birders, if not The Oslo Birder 😉, are at the moment) Grey-cheeked Thrush and Red-eyed Vireo from the west and a Raddes Warbler from the east were birds I would have liked to see on Røst….


I used the thermal imager a bit and found a single Jack Snipe and 2 rats…


I have about an hour of birding tomorrow before catching the ferry back to Bodø. A lot can happen in an hour…(or not).


Today’s eBird checklist can be seen here.


Brown Rat with a well patterned face

Spot the Jack Snipe (kvartbekkasin)

I got some better pictures of the Taiga Bean Goose


A flock of Pink-footed Geese (kortnebbgås) dropped in

Jacky

Northern lights last night

Another rat

Chiffchaff (gransanger) was the only warbler today

This male Redpoll has a small bill but must be a Common (gråsisik)

It is not often I take pictures of Raven but they are very bold here

Plastic

The Pintail x Mallrd hybrid showed a bit better today with a single Pintail

Orangey legs

Green speculum







No comments:

Post a Comment