Thursday 29 September 2022

Røst day 1

Although I arrived after dark I have still had some good birding today. The 3 and a half hour ferry trip on flat seas gave me a  White-billed Diver, 5 Storm Petrels and a Sooty Shearwater!

Then once I arrived at my base (John Stenersen’s «cabin») I was straight out to look for Jack Snipe! My thermal camera worked wonders in the dark and 5 were found! We also found Common Snipe, Golden Plover and Dunlin. 4 Olive-backed Pipits were found today so my hoped for tommorrow are very high!


Some pictures

White-billed Diver (gulnebblom) taken from inside the ferry


Then the picture quality fell - this is a Sooty Shearwater (grålire)

Jack Snipe at night

Værøy…

Storm Petrel (havsvale…)

Røst

Jack Snipe photographering


1 comment:

  1. Nice! Have fun, Simon. Looking forward to reading about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete