Friday 17 September 2021

End of week round up

We are now getting to the time of the year when trips to the forest can pay dividends. I have visited two of my favourite areas and heard 4 Hazel Grouse (but not yet seen one, although have been close enough to hear the whirring of wings), had a single Pygmy Owl and discovered a Three-toed Woodpecker nest but have yet to see any of the ‘peckers. Things should just get better in the coming weeks and now I know where some of the birds are I can now work out how best and easiest to see them.

I have also found the time to visit Nordre Øyeren which was very productive with a total of 5 Great (White) Egrets which is a new record for me, White-tailed Eagles, Hen and Marsh Harriers, Honey Buzzards, 28 Black-tailed Godwits topping the bill.

Pygmy Owl (spurveugle) and a Great Tit (kjøttmeis) which was unhappy with its presence

4 Great (White) Egrets (egretthegre) in the mighty Svellet

and a 5th one at Årnestangen

surprisingly enough this was only my second Hen Harrier (myrhauk) of the year

a young White-tailed Eagle (havørn) a 2cy bird I believe

and an adult

same bird. The head is not very pale and the bird is I belive a young adult

a man with a camera in a boat scaring all the birds away

      and here a man with a camera on land who has also scared all the birds away

the same place (Storøykilen at Fornebu) at the same time the day before when said man with camera was not present...


Eider (ærfugl)


A Three-toed Woodpecker nest hole. As is often the case it is in a spruce and very low down


No comments:

Post a Comment